Healthcare Professional Job Description – Physical Therapist
Works as a local contract or traveling healthcare professional at a Health Carousel client facility, and in accordance with the limitations and scope of care in accordance with the applicable state practice act. The Physical Therapist will plan and utilize therapies to minimize disability following disease, injury, or genetically acquired disabilities. Demonstrating proficiency in the use of mechanical and electrical equipment, as well as the use of prosthetic and orthotic devices is essential. The PT must also be able to set realistic and achievable goals for their patients as well as document and record the patient’s condition using the correct documentation. Can educate the patient. Performs required duties at a high level, with minimal orientation. May be required to “float” outside of primary assignment location to another clinical assignment for which s/he is qualified to work. Remains flexible regarding work schedule to meet client‐staffing requirements.
Job Knowledge / Responsibilities:
- Provides patient care as a Physical Therapist to patients in their assigned facility (or facilities).
- Assists in the assessment, treatment, and implementation of patient care in accordance with the State Practice Act specific to the state in which the assignment is located.
- Performs routine physical therapy care to assigned patients, while utilizing age specific and universal precaution practices at all times.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Properly and accurately documents/charts observations and other data related to the clinical condition of the patient.
- Delivers age-appropriate care for the patient population.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Attends and participates in continuing education programs to monitor proficiency, expand current knowledge, and enhance professional excellence. Willingly shares knowledge and provides clinical orientation to other members of the staff.
- Preserves and protects patient and client confidentiality in all situations and with all documentation.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with safety procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection‐control policies and protocols.
- Follows hospital policy when disposing of biohazardous materials, labeling, and handling of all materials.
- Adheres and adapts to client goals, objectives, and standards of performance, policies, and procedures.
- Complies with all Health Carousel policies
- Maintains consistent and reliable attendance and complies with company guidelines on attendance.
- Demonstrates professionalism as a contract healthcare professional by being punctual and dependable for assigned/confirmed shifts.
- Standing or stooping for long periods of time.
- Mild physical labor to complete the tasks at hand.
- Exposure to blood, chemicals, and other bodily fluids.
- Heavy lifting.
- Other physical demands that coincide with the duties of a Physical Therapist.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum.
- Licensed (or eligible for licensure) as required in the state of practice.
- Able to practice physical therapy per state guidelines.
- Certifications appropriate to the position and clinical setting
- One year of recent clinical experience is preferred.
- Previous experience as a traveling PT is preferred for travel assignments
- Basic computer knowledge (Word and Excel) and skills in lab information systems are desirable.
- BLS and other certification as determined by specialty and clinical setting Able to meet the physical requirements of the position
- For clinical settings, additional requirements may apply and change without notice, including, but not limited to, competency assessment, criminal background check, health clearance and, hospital compliance training.
- Successfully pass Company pre‐employment drug test and periodic and random thereafter
- Effective time management skills
- Proficient verbal and written English communication skills
- Two professional references
- Citizen of the United States or authorized to work in the U.S.
- Additional requirements may be applicable by the client assignment.